Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy..........

I promised you a happy post so here goes.

I have to tell you this funny dream......The other night I dreamed that my granddaddy(who passed away about 6 years ago) went to a Rascal Flatts concert with me. The first reason that this is funny to both myself and my grandmother is because my granddaddy would never go to a concert or event such as this because it would be so out of character for him. He was definitely a home-body and only watched Baseball and the news. The second reason that this is funny to us is that he was 92. Why 92? I have no idea, but that is the number that has stuck in my mind since this dream. The third reason is because when the concert was over, the band started running toward the back of the audience and I ever so bluntly stood up and stopped one of them and stated that "my 92 year old grand daddy came to the concert and he wanted to meet them", then we got to go backstage and meet everyone and they were so sweet to us. Why do we dream the things we dream? I know that I miss him and I guess I must have been thinking of him that day.

Here's to you Granddaddy - I LOVE YOU

On to other things that I am Happy about or Thankful for.

I am very happy that I didn't have to cook dinner tonight. Joey grilled steaks, we had baked potatoes and salad as well. MMM MMM GOOD. What a wonderful dinner. I might just have to get used to this, well maybe not. Steaks are kinda expensive.

I am ever so thankful for the CRAZY, WONDERFUL Husband that I have. He is a great father to our children and does so many things that I would never be able to do. He is truly a survivor. After all he has been married to me for 13 years.

I am thankful that I have 2 Beautiful, Smart, Talented, Amazing Children. Craig is becoming more and more like his father. He is almost a carbon copy of Joey. Such is life, such is life. Courtney is becoming more and more like me as well. WOOOOO, I hope I can make it through her teenage years. I know, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, RIGHT?


I am thankful to have some of the most Amazing friends. I once heard that you could count on one hand the amount of true friends that a person has and I have found that to be true. Thanks you crazy girls for being such great friends.
Tonya, myself and Jules

Andrea and me

I am thankful to still have one grandparent living and that she is one of my closest friends to this day. Grandmother here is to you. I love you so much and am so thankful that you are still just a phone call away.

Hope you all have a Happy and Thankful day.

Until Next Time,

In Him,
Kelly

10 comments:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

What sweet faces!!

Working on the blogroll and wanted to thank you for signing up! ;)

Lisa

Kym said...

Hey Kelly-Kelly! That WAS a happy post!! Cute pictures of you and Tonya, Julie and Andrea. Also, I meant to comment the other night on your Easter pictures, but I was in a hurry and thought I would come back and do it later, and in usual Kym-fashion, I kept forgetting...anyway, that was a great picture of Courtney and Craig...cute, cute kids! It makes me a little nauseous that they are as big as they are!! I AM SOOOO OLD!!! Anyway, loved them...thanks for sharing. Also, I'm sorry about Gina...I'll be keeping y'all in my prayers.
Love you,
Kym

bp said...

You have so much to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing the dream. I wonder about some dreams I have too.Sometimes they seem so real.

Denise said...

Bless you dear one, this post made my heart smile.

Susan said...

Oh, this was a great post! I'm so glad I stopped by.

Loved the dream, how neat...

We know one thing for sure, your Granpa is attending the greatest concert ever now!

Blessings to you this TT♥

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I love this post!! Keep them coming.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. God bless.

Faithful Froggers said...

Love the Happy, Happy post. The pictures were just great and I love how you are so thankful for the little things in life. Sometimes that is what is most important! :)

Have a great weekend!

Rona said...

Kelly,
I do not usually post comments but I really want to let you know that I love reading your blog. I am enjoying getting to know you and admire your spirit. I wish I could have gotten to know you better when we attended Joelton. Better late than never I guess. And your kids are growing up so fast. They are lovely children.

Stacey Roach said...

Ok, you say I need to blog - hello, I think you need to as well!

Stacey