Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mom and Dad Come for a Visit...........

Mom rode home with me from Arkansas after Gina's funeral and dad met us here, actually he beat us here. What was supposed to be a 3 1/2 hour drive took us almost 6 because of the severe storms that we had to drive through. We all arrived safely and were very tired. Joey and dad already had Craig's bed put together by the time we got home which was very appreciated, only we had to find sheets and such to put on his new bed for that night so we could all sleep.

Mom and I went out the next day to Ross to look for Craig a new Bedroom Ensemble. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. It was perfect for him, and the price was perfect for me. Only $24.99 for the comforter, shams, bedskirt, sheets the whole works. I was ever so impressed. When we got home I showed it to him and he was so excited. He said "Mom your Awesome, I love it" and I knew then and there that I had just become his hero (not really, I am exaggerating just a little bit). However he did love it. I think that he has made his bed almost everyday since he got it.

Craig's new Bedroom Set (Surfer Dude)

After all of that was finally done, we went out for Courtney's Birthday. Have I mentioned to you all that she has celebrated her birthday for an entire month and a 1/2. She got her ears pierced the middle of March, she went to FHU for Makin' Music with her best friend, we went to a movie and lunch, mom and dad came, the Annual Fishing Tournament, then her real birthday came just last weekend. I will post more about that later.

We went to eat at OutBack Steak House for Court's birthday while mom and dad were here. She says that we never let her go to OutBack with us, since Joey and I only go about once a year on our Anniversary, so we went. Here are some pictures our eventful outing.

Mom and her "Precious Grandchildren"
Me and Daddy
Me and Mom
Courtney and Ciera
Joey in "his zone"

We finally got home and celebrated Courtney's birthday with the ever so infamous Oreo Ice Cream Cake that she requested. We were going to do it at OutBack, but we had already been there for 2 hours and we were ready to get out of there. We got home expecting the Cake to be frozen since I asked them to put it in the Freezer, only to find out that it was completely melted. I was so mad, but what can you do? Freeze it again. It was all good though.

I will update again soon on Court's Birthday with pictures of her Cupcake Cake.

Until Next time,

In Him,
Kelly and Family

0 comments: