Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Here we go again......

Old Business - How long does it really take for people to start reading this thing and respond????? I am getting bored here. Can you tell my attention span is that of a 3 year old when it comes to things like this? Start Posting you silly readers. I need confirmation that you are reading and are enjoying the posts.


New Business
- Ok, today was not such a great day for Princess Olga (my new nickname, thanks Chelsey:)). I guess that I shouldn't say that it wasn't a great day because I am still alive and well and have so many blessing that I can not even count, but for a day in the life of Princesses it was kinda stinky. It all started off when I woke up late this morning, while getting ready for work, Court brings me a pair of her uniform pants and says "Mom, I need these ironed". Well anyone who knows me or any of my family, we kinda fly by the seat of our pants on most things. If I had to describe our family I would definitely call us spontaneous. So anyway, I have the curling iron stuck to my head and go to iron the pants, that should have been done the night before, all while yelling, "Court, do you have your shoes and socks on....Court, are your teeth brushed....Court, have you even thought about brushing your hair....Court, do you know where you took your belt off last night.... and I think that you get the picture. So I finally get my hair done, her hair done and start contemplating the dreaded decision of what am I going to wear. I finally pick out what I am going to wear and it is now about 15 minutes before I am supposed to leave to get to work on time. I finally get ready and now is when I find out that Joey thought I was going to take Court to school. I accept the responsibility with great pride that I, the blessed mother that I am get to take my precious baby to school (something I don't get to do often), however I have a hidden motive, McDonald's is just down the road (ah ha, I get breakfast this morning). So what if I am a little late to work this morning. I did call the office and find out if anyone else wanted anything and to let them know that I was going to be late. I finally arrived to work about 8:15 this morning.

On to lunch, can you tell I have been awfully hungry today? Eating lots of chocolates as well. I went to lunch with a friend of mine Lesley, and when I got back to the office, I promise you, it was the devil, all heck broke loose. I was one busy chick. I was supposed to get off today at 5 and well that didn't happen by any means. As I was trying to print some loan documents, I realized that when they set up the new computer system, I wasn't linked to print loan docs. Awww man, what do I do now??? I have a customer coming in at 5:30 to sign, and no one, and I do mean no one can tell me how or who to contact to get this problem resolved. I have never wanted to throw a computer tower out the door as bad as I did today. I finally get in touch with our personal TAC guy and he tells me that he is out in the middle of the country and doesnt have any access to his lap top to fix this "little" problem that we have, but that he would call a couple of people and get right back with me. Princess Olga is not a happy Princess at this point. The customer gets to the office and of all days to be early, yup, you guessed it, he was early. He had to wait until I finally got a response back from our TAC guy saying that it would be first thing in the morning before he can do anything with getting me "rebooted" on the correct server. I now have the pleasure to break the news to my very patient customer who has been waiting on me close to an hour to get something done that it will be first thing in the morning before he can sign the papers. Whewwwww, what a day at the office.

I leave the office at about 6:40 and come home for a few minutes and then head to Bible Study, to finally get to see my children, one of whom I haven't seen since last night. I needed that time to spend with God. I need to find more time to spend with God. I know there is time, because how does everyone else seem to have time? We all are given 24 hours in the day, we just have to choose how we are going to spend them. I obviously haven't chosen so well. I am going to do my best to spend more time with Him and be a willing servant to be used by Him. That is my commitment to all of you, if there are any of you, to be a God Fearing, Word Spreading woman. Please keep me reminded of this.

Now on to the Husband, the preacher man, he is also gone when I get home from work. He has to drive about 25 minutes to get to his Bible Study. We would love to go to the same place for Bible Study, unfortunately, there are no children where he preaches so Craig, Court and I go where Joey's parents go and where he grew up. He finally gets home to kiss the kiddies good night and since I was blogging, he went to another room to watch TV. So I haven't seen him all day either. WOW what a long day. I am really tired now, wonder why that could possibly be? I don't have any idea, so don't bother asking me, because I will be asleep for the next 7 hours.

I will try to post something positive tomorrow night as I know that you all don't want to hear a whining 32 year old grown fluffy woman. Yes I call myself fluffy, I cant bear to think of myself as FAT or OBESE or whatever those people with a PHD or MD want to call me.

So here is wishing you all a good night and peace to all.

In Him,
Kelly and Family

P.S. Please keep the family of Max Nance in your prayers. He was the 8 year old little boy who ran out in front of traffic and was hit and killed by a taxi-cab on Saturday on his way to the Vanderbilt Football game. I think that his funeral is tomorrow. His family needs the prayers right now and for some time to come I am sure.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least in your haste to choose your clothes, you found something to match me! Almost every day this week we have matched!