Thursday, November 29, 2007

One more day...

Until I finally get to "relax" for the weekend. YEAH!!!!! Another week gone. I know, I know, I am not supposed to be wishing my life away, I am just ready for a looooonnnnnngggggg vacation..... no kids, no husband, just me and some girlfriends at a spa resort with our cabana boys fanning us with very large palm leaves, feeding us grapes and let me not forget the most important part of this vacation, a massage every morning, noon and night. Anybody with me? Stace, Tonya, Jules, Kelli, anyone????

Another day, another dollar. Again, this morning started off almost as if I were living in the Groundhog Day movie. Talk about De-Jae-Voo(sp?). I woke up late again this morning and started the same 'ole routine . Getting myself ready, hollering at Court to get her things together, and of course rushing out the door. I once again assumed that Joey was going to take her to school, however I was wrong, or was it him. Late to work again....the never ending saga. As I was driving down our road, I saw what I thought to be MawMaw's coming toward me. A light bulb went off in my tiny brain, and I flagged her down. Ok it wasn't her, it was Joey's cousin, Ty coming back from taking Brookie, his little girl, to school. After a little pleading, he said that he would take her to school if I would call them and let them know that he was bringing her in late. She was going to be late no matter what, but him taking her to school kept me from being even later to work and the McDonald's calling my name again this morning. We left the house late so what do you expect. When Ty agreed to take Court, I said, "please don't tell Joey I asked you to do this, he will be so mad at me". Now really, who do you want more mad at you........the person whose payroll you are on or the person you live with? I can go to another room and ignore the person I live with(just joking Joey), but it isn't all that easy to go to another job, especially in the same day.

I did manage to get to work at a decent time, only 10 minutes late this morning. That is about what my boss has come to expect. My parents say that I will be late to my own funeral. I hope not, because I am not having one. I told Joey that when I die, I don't want him to spend a bunch of money on a funeral, just tie me up in a plastic bag, build me a nice pine box and ship my fluffy Princess Olga butt down the Mighty Mississipp. There is no reason to spend all of that time, effort, money and emotion, for people to be crying over my dead body, when I am having the time of my life in Heaven. Do I hear an Amen? AMEN.

So onto the start of my day. Again, I dealt with our TAC people that you heard about yesterday for another 3 hours trying to get the Loan Documents that were supposed to be printed yesterday to print this morning so my customer could start paying the interest on his newly purchased automobile. Finally, I got it. Customer is happy, TAC is very happy(that they don't have to talk to me for awhile) and I am ecstatic because I don't have to talk to them, well and that I am finally done with this loan and can move on to the next set of problems and circumstances.

By noon, I am just whipped. I had 2 cups of coffee, a large sweet tea from McDonald's,(someone else went) and a 3 hour conversation about a printer that wouldn't work. What am I supposed to do now? Well I have this "Celebration" after work tonight and I just don't think that I have the stamina to be "my perky little self" to go. After another cup of coffee, I pull out of it. I get to the "Celebration" and have a great time. I am finally home and once again I have seen neither of my children(I know I just said in the first paragraph that I needed a vacation, but it really isn't from my children or husband, I just want to go on a girl trip to the spa resort with cabana boys fanning me with large palm leaves and feeding me grapes and don't dare let me forget the many massages that I intend to have), my husband is watching football, and I am barely awake enough to write this blog. I do apologize if it doesn't make much sense.

Well, I guess it is about time, or should I say about 2 hours past time for me to be getting to bed, so I will update again tomorrow night. TGIF - Thank Goodness it's Friday.

Hope you all have a great weekend and keep the comments coming.

Love to you all,
In Him,
Kelly and Family

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Princess Olga (AKA Kelly)

I too am ready for a girls weekend away. Where are we going and WHEN? I really am serious about this. You pick the time you can be away and I will take off work. I know you need to get away from C & C; however, it would be a pleasure for me to have them around. Scratch that, this is to be a quiet peaceful girls time, I guess I will have to schedule another trip with just them. How does that sound?

As you mentioned yesterday, you need to find the time in your 24 hour day to spend time with God, so do I. I just haven't figured out how or when. A good friend, Linda South, was a night owl and hated to get up in the morning, I a talking hating to get up. (Sorta like me) Anyway, she said in a talk one time, that she started getting up at 5:00 A.M. to have a good hour before the rest of the family started stirring. She used this time in prayer, bible reading and bible study. She said her life was richly blessed by this.

I am seriously considering this approach and will try to make this one of my new year's resolutions. This might work Monday - Friday; however, I am not sure about the weekends. If I get up that early, I am sure your dad will also and I am not sure I am ready to deal with him at that time of the day. Pray that I will have the conviction to do this.

I am very proud of you, by starting this 'blog', I actually feel I am learning a few things about you. Yes, I raised you, but I really haven't been around you alot since you became an adult and I feel as though I am getting to know more about you. Thank you for that.

I am at work and I have to get busy, so will say so long for now and I look forward to your next update.

Keep praying and stay strong. If God is on your side, who can be against you? Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Kelly I am ready for a girls weekend anywhere. You just name the spot, tell me what I need to do and I am there! Things have been crazy on our end too. The past couple of days I feel like it's the same day I am living over and over. You would think I would be smart by now and change something?

Love to ya,
Stacey