Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas........

Is finally over. We hope that you and your families had a Healthy Happy one as well.


I will start where I ended with Joey being in a lot of pain due to a neck injury. This is getting some better and he is finally able to drive and not wear the neck brace all of the time. The pain is still there and he gets a little grumpy every now and again because of it. I scheduled an appointment with his PCP for yesterday, however the doctor called in sick. I didn't think that was allowed, but apparently doctors get sick too. We are scheduled to see him sometime next week and I will let you know what comes from this.

Christmas at our house was BUSY to say the least. Monday, Christmas Eve, I only had to work a 1/2 day, which was very nice. Mom and Dad shipped all of their gifts this year since they were unable to come here for the holidays. I received the last box on Friday afternoon. After I got home from work on Monday, Joey and I let the kids open their presents from Nana and Paw Paw. They were on the phone so they did get to hear the excitement from the kids. Courtney opening her new Red Slippers

The New Red Slippers

Craig looking at his new Boxer Briefs
He is so happy that he got underwear(just being sarcastic, he loves his Boxer Briefs)

Then I went to wrapping presents and getting things together for us to spend the evening at Maw Maws and Paw Paws, which is a tradition. We always go to their house for Christmas Eve dinner and open presents with them. There were probably 35-40 people at their house, thank goodness it is big. We left there and Joey and Craig rode to MeeMaw and Pee Paw's house with them since we were going to be spending the night there. They now live in Gallatin which is about 45 minutes from us and since we had to be in Lebanon the next morning, it just made sense to spend the night. Courtney and I came home from Maw Maw's and began packing and getting all of the other presents together to take with us(and Santa needed to know where we were going to be) so I had to haul all of those gifts as well. By the time that my truck was loaded, I couldn't see out of the rear glass. Deep and Wide it was packed. We finally left our house about 11:15p.m. and headed to MeeMaw's. Courtney fell asleep on the way there, and I was so tired, so I stopped by the gas station to pick me up a Coke so that I could make it there without falling asleep. We finally got to their house, put out Santa gifts and went to bed around 12:30.

Christmas morning we got up and opened our gifts from each other, but waited until Claudia and Harmonie(Joey's sister and niece) got there to open up the other gifts. We all got ready and headed to Uncle Steve and Aunt Janice's house for the traditional Christmas Breakfast. There were several people there as well. I remember when I was growing up that there was never that many people in one house for Christmas. I guess being a part of a large family is what I have come to know, accept and love in our 13 years of marriage. We left Steve and Janice's house around noon and headed back to MeeMaw and Pee Paw's house to open gifts with the immediate family. The kids had a Great Christmas and Joey and I did pretty good too.

We are so blessed to have our health and that is truly what I wanted for Christmas.

Both of the kids have Basketball Practice today, so I will be going to that here in a little while. I will update a little more later, when I have more time.

Hope you and your family had a Wonderful Christmas as well.

Until Next time,

In Him,
Kelly and family

4 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Hope Joey's pain gets better. I will be praying.

Becca said...

Hey,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello! And to hang in there!

Becca
Momma to Ella

Faithful Froggers said...

I'm so glad you all had a wonderful Christmas! I hope Joey is feeling better - how scary! Sending him many prayers!
Love & FROG,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good Christmas,but the wedding thing sounds like a nightmare.ha!