Monday, December 10, 2007

Where Do I Begin??????

Ok, I know that it has been a week since my last blog, I might have to change the name of it to The Dixon Weekly. Hopefully after this wedding, which is only 5 days and counting, I might be able to resume some sort of normalcy in my life. If there is a normal. Well I guess I should just start from last Tuesday.

Tuesday - My day off, well off work anyway. I am always off. I got to sleep in, then I went and met a friend, Kelli, for lunch. I went and got Courtney from school and did a few errands in the area and came home in time for Joey, Craig and Courtney to leave for their first Basketball Practice of the season. I stayed home to make Peanut Butter Balls, then realized I didn't have all of the ingredients, so I watched some T.V. and played on the computer until they got home. Wow, I forgot how quiet it can be when no one is home. When they got home, I was watching The Biggest Loser and eating(there has to be something wrong with this picture). Joey walked into the den and said to me "I don't think that you are supposed to be eating chips out of the bag and watching The Biggest Loser at the same time". Ok, so there is something wrong with this picture. On to ...

Wednesday - Back to work I go. I worked all day, then went to Bible Study that evening. Nothing too exciting to report this day.

Thursday - Work again. I'm still not sure if I am liking this Full Time Gig or not. I guess it'll have to do until I get the kids out of college at least. I did go with the Bride to get her trial hair fixing(is that what you're supposed to call it?) and to get my hair cut. Again, nothing too exciting happening this day. Here is where the fun BEGINS........

Friday - Working once more, got home about 6:30 and came into the office to find out what Joey wanted to do for dinner. I said that I just wanted to order in and Joey agreed. We finally decided to order pizza about 7:00. The kids were in the living room watching "The Polar Express" and I was in the office looking at some things on the internet, when all of a sudden, we hear a round of Gunshots. (for those of you who don't know where we live, we live on a quiet road with mostly family) I immediately called Tara to see if Clay was out shooting at raccoons, which has been known to happen, however they heard it too and it was definitely not Clay. I called another neighbor and they heard the shots as well. Ok, this is beginning to be a little scary as we hear another round of shots. I am on the phone with Tara and she has already called 911. I get off of the phone with her to do the same. I am calling 911 as I am hurriedly walking through the house turning all of the lights out and telling the kids to get in the floor. Did you know that if you turn all of your lights inside off and the lights outside on that people cant see you in the house? I am on the phone with the 911 operator and Joey(our HERO) goes outside and crouches down on the deck to see what is going on. He sees 2 figures standing at the end of our house, shooting up into the woods, behind our house and then just casually start walking towards our neighbors house. The police finally arrive, do a road block and end up at the end of our road, which just happens to be our neighbors house and find the 2 people who were doing the shooting and drugs. We never suspected that!! The neighbors house is a duplex, which the back half is rented and that is where they found all of this. Don't get me wrong, our neighbors are great!!!!!!! You just never know if who you rent to is going to be. The police finally came by at around 10:15 to let us know that we are once again safe and we can put the kids to bed. Oh, yes, let me not forget, the pizza guy got through the road block and we did get to eat our dinner. Joey slept on the couch, baseball bat in hand, to let the kids know that the "bad people" would have to get through daddy, before they could ever get to their rooms. I finally got to bed around 11:30p.m. only to get up at 7:00a.m. the next morning to go back to work. Yes, it stinks having to work on Saturday. Good thing it is only for a 1/2 day.

Saturday - It is CRAZY. People are standing at the door waiting for us to open. That is definitely not a good sign for what the day is going to be like. I finally leave work around 1:30 and get home just in time to fix lunch. After lunch, I lay down to take a very short nap, then off and running we are again. We had big plans at 4:30, however I can't say what they are, or they might ruin the surprise. We finally got done with our plans at about 6:30 and went to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse, only to wait about 30 more minutes to get a table. We had a decent dinner and I needed to run to the mall to return something that I had purchased a couple of weeks back and Joey said that he would just take the kids home. Time really does fly when you are having fun. I got home about 10:00 and thought that it was about 9:00. OOPS.

Courtney had been complaining of a sore throat for the past couple of days and I just thought that she was faking because she didn't want to go to school on Friday. She complained on Saturday as well as Sunday.

Sunday - Courtney and I stayed home from Worship service both morning and evening. Joey went to the grocery store, not once, but twice. Yes in the same day. He very rarely goes, but twice in the same day has got to be some kind of record. Today was pretty much a slow day, giving lots of attention to the sickly Courtney and giving her lots of medicine to try and get her well for school on Monday. Another fun day ahead..........

Monday - When Joshua, the other FSR decided to up and quit on Karen(my boss) the week of Thanksgiving, she decided that since we were going to have to work every other Saturday, that we should get to take an entire day off during the week. So today was Karen's day off. It all started about 8:15. One of the tellers called in sick and the operations manager was at work, but sick as well. OH BOY!! I called our Regional Mgr. to try and get some relief so that the ops mgr could go home. Who wants someone with a stomach bug in the office infecting all of the rest of us? NOT ME. She left about 9:00 and all heck broke loose. I have never seen a Monday as busy as it was today. WOW is all I can say. We were working with 2 people who are normally there, Jenna and myself, and 2 of our float staff. It was so crazy that Jenna and I didn't even get to take a lunch break until 3:20. We didn't even get to go to lunch, really, we sat in the break room and scarfed our lunch down, and back to the grindstone we went. It was so busy all day. I was never so glad to leave that place today. I told Jenna at some point in the day that I ought to get a cot and just set it up there and sleep, since all I do at home is eat and sleep.

Courtney wanted Reuben sandwiches for dinner tonight, so as soon as I got home from work I went to work on the Reubens. I fixed them and got a phone call from the brides mom,(since it is only 5 days and counting until the BIG DAY), and we talked for a few minutes. As I was talking to her, I hear the crunch of foam. Yes, the little princess, Courtney got mad at Craig, (what's new) and stomped on his foam packaging of his Dukes of Hazzard Car. Boy did he get mad. More Fun getting ready to begin........I sent Courtney to her room and Craig being the big brother says, "mom, she hasn't eaten all of her dinner yet", so I let her come out of her room to finish eating, and on the way out, she says "I hate my life, I wish I were dead". Wow, where in the world did that come from. I was very upset and I let her know it. She did make me a card before she went to bed tonight. I truly think that she is so much like me and so emotional that she just says things without thinking. Man oh Man, am I paying for my raisin'.

Joey is at Basketball with the guys tonight. The kids have practice tomorrow night. I still don't have a tree up for Christmas. I still haven't made the Peanut Butter Balls, from last week. And I am sitting here wondering why I am so blessed to have beautiful healthy children God has blessed me with, who choose to take their frustrations out on me and their father, who love them so deeply and would do anything within our power to keep them safe, happy and healthy. I guess the old saying is right, you take out your frustrations on those you love the most. Today has just not been our day, except..................

Craig went to his neurologist today and he has apparently grown out of his abscont seizures. He doesn't have to take his "orange" pill anymore. This is what he said. Praise God. He has given us healthy children. Thank you Lord for Loving ME!!!!!! I truly don't know how I would handle the lives that some of the parents out there live. Being in the hospital day and night, night and day trying to help your little one survive. Today is truly a day that helps me realize why I am the mother and wife of Craig, Courtney and Joey.

Until next time, which I hope wont be a week, God Bless You and Keep You.

In Him,
Kelly and Family

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Glad to see you back, especially since I haven't spoken to you on the phone for the past week.

I promise, I will try to get that box of Santa's packed up tomorrow night for your dad to send UPS on Wednesday. I am shipping it to your office but be warned, it is a pretty big box.

I don't know about you, but I am just not in a holiday mood. I love the holidays and here it is the 10th, two weeks away from Christmas and I don't have any decorations up, no cookies or goodies made, no gifts purchased and I really don't want to do any of the above mentioned tasks. I think I must be SICK or something. I guess maybe I have decided that since your grandmother, your dad, and other family members dislike christmas so much it has rubbed off on me and it didn't help any when C & C told me at thanksgiving that they no longer believed in SC. I think that was the frosting on the cake or the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not sure what's wrong but I hope I get it all back before next year. This is depressing. I guess I really will send gift cards for christmas because there is no way and I mean NO WAY am I going to face the malls this late in the game. Deals or no deals, I am not going.

I hope everyone is okay there, did the gunshots remind you of our old house in the city? You are smarter than your dad, you turned the lights out, he would turn on the porch light and them walk out to see if he could see anything. I guess we are lucky no one killed him, I am sure they had a good chance.

I hope Courtney is better and I am so happy that Craig is off of the 'orange' pill. Please give both of them a big hug from Nana. I do love them and miss them so much.

Have you heard anymore about Craig starting back to school? Just wandering.

I have missed talking to you, but I know you are extremely busy at work and with the wedding so I won't bother trying to call you. Just give me a call; if and when you get a chance.

Until then, know that I love you more that you will ever know and I miss you. I too, am truly blessed and thank God daily for those blessings.

Love ya,

Mom

Becca said...

Way to end on a good note - what a Blessing. He is Faithful and Good! Hang in there, girl! oh, and BTW - it is the Holiday Season - eat all the chips you want.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I just found your blog from Becca's. You have a very busy life. I enjoyed reading. Check mine out.