Monday, December 3, 2007

What a Weekend.....

My, My, My. I didn't realize how frustrated and how much fun you could have in one weekend. So, I am planning a wedding for a friend that I work with and his fiance', and it is almost here. Only 2 more weeks to go. Friday night when I posted I didn't want to get into all that had happened on that day, but now that I am MUCH calmer, I will tell you all about it. Get ready, Set, GO.


Amber, the bride called me on Friday afternoon to ask me if I could go out to the place that the tuxes were rented and find out why the ties that we picked out for the ushers were not at the location that the tuxes are to be picked up at. This is 2 different locations, ordered in Rivergate, to be picked up in Green Hills, and guess what, the young man that took our order is no longer employed by this company, go figure. So I go out to Rivergate ready and willing to yell at the first available person since the wedding at that time was 2 weeks and a day away. I walk in and I have no idea what the tie looks like that we picked out over 2 months ago. I call Amber, no answer. I call Alex, no answer. I call both again and again and again. I get no answer, just voice mail. So while I am waiting on a return phone call, I ask the girl working to look up and tell me if all of the guys that are to be wearing tuxes on the "BIG DAY" have been fitted. She turns to me and says that there are 7 out of 15 that have not been fitted. Now remember, the wedding is only 2 weeks from tomorrow at this point. I am livid. I once again start blowing up both cell phones and am waiting for a return phone call from the first time I tried calling. Still no one seems to be home. I finally get so frustrated after about 30 minutes of this that I call Paula, the brides mother to have her call the cell phones and try to get a hold of at least one of the "happy couple". Finally, I get a return phone call from Amber and find out that there are only 4 to be fitted, however if they are not fitted by tomorrow the rental for the tuxes goes up an additional $20.00. OH WELL, they have had 2+ months to do this. I finally leave the store and head to the mall at about 9:15, to search for a gift for the next morning. The ladies Christmas party.


Oh what fun it is to.......have 49 women in the same house?????? Can you imagine the talking going on here? A great time it was, honestly.

Thank you Ms. Ronelle for your gracious hospitality. If you have never played Dirty Santa, please don't begin by playing with 49 women, who rob from the elderly. Pictures will definitely be on another blog. I am here to show the good, bad and the ugly of this game.

Poor Ms. Ruby,
you couldn't keep a gift if you wanted it or not.

Dana and Shannon, you should be ashamed. Just kidding. We finally got done around 1p.m. and I was off to get Court who was at a friends house not far from where the breakfast was at.

I get to Tonya's and there is a stray dog who has been wandering the neighborhood for some time and terrorizing the other animals, including Haley and Siera's bunny. When Tonya got home the dog had ripped the rabbit hutch into shreds and had the bunny in his mouth. Thankfully a neighbor came to the rescue before it became this dog's lunch. I should also mention that this stray has already killed the other bunny. So, all I do is call the stray over to me and we finally get it onto a chain and call the Animal Control Dept. YEAH he is taken away, after much struggle to get it into the pin in the back of the truck. The Jason Circle Stray is gone. I told Tonya that she might just get Christmas Presents from all of her neighbors for doing this.

The Tennessee Vols and the LSU Tigers are playing for the SEC Championship and Chris, Tonya's husband plans on watching the game. What to do, What to do???? Bellevue Mall is calling my name and Tonya is tagging along. I still am not sure if she really wants to be there or not, however, we have a great time. Dillard's is going out of business . Oh my goodness, it is a nightmare. Clothes everywhere, people everywhere, and kids running WILD. Don't parents know how to control these kids? After looking, grabbing, and an hour and a half later, Tonya and I have a ton(or at least it felt like it) of clothes for the kids and some even for ourselves. We finally get checked out and take our first load to the car, only to come back to look at the Mens section. Wow, there are so many racks to choose from. Where do we begin with only 30 minutes left before the store closes? Did I mention, with the store closing, the prices were phenomenal. Everything in the store was either 50% or 75% off, with an additional 50%. Yes, believe it or not, what you would normally pay for 1 Ralph Lauren shirt, I got 7 and 3 ties to boot. Boy were we tired and hungry. I felt as if I had worked a full 8 hour shift chopping wood after that experience.

Ok, that was just Friday night and Saturday. Sunday is a whole new day. I will update that tomorrow sometime. I have lots to do, and I am not even working. Yes, I get to take the day off, however I have to work on Saturday. :( I have to miss eating Breakfast with Santa. No Fair, NO Fair, NO FAIR.

Tomorrow, I get to call the wonderful Board of Education to find out if I can get Craig into the Art Magnet School for the 2nd semester. Please pray for us to find a decent school for him to go to. As most of you know, Joey has been home-schooling, but since he is sending his resume out, and will more than likely have office hours if he gets a new position, we have to find a school for Craig where we think that his talents can be recognized. That boy can draw anything you put in front of him. Oh, for those of you who didn't know, Joey is putting his resume in at some local congregations so that we can be a little closer to home and also so Craig and Courtney can have friends within the church. We love where we are, however we just feel as if it might be better to have some kids, our kids age for them to connect with. Believe it or not, Craig will be entering the Youth Group next year.

I know that this has been a long post, however I had to update you on the weekend. I promise that I will get the pictures from the Ladies Breakfast on here soon. Yes, you should be very scared, you might just be one of them.

Have a great rest of the evening and week and we will catch up again later.

Please keep these things in your prayers, Ethan Powell, Joey being placed in the right position and Craig finding a new start with school.

Love to you all,
In Him,
Kelly and Family

P.S. I just got off of the phone with Dana, and she said that one of David's family members passed away this evening following a massive heart attack. Please keep the Ronnie Graham family in your prayers as well.

0 comments: