Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's almost Easter.......

Sorry I haven't posted in some time, however it has been a crazy week. Last Saturday, Courtney went to get her ears pierced. Such a big girl. She only had to BEG dad for about 30 minutes and with those big brown puppy dog eyes, she got what she wanted.....Again. I was really proud of her, she didn't cry at all. I will post pictures of her soon with her new earrings in.

There are several things on my mind tonight as I sit here and update..........

First of all, Prayer Requests:

1. Jimmy Bagwell - a good friend of my husbands from college is still in the hospital in Michigan recovering from 3 surgeries to repair a damaged diaphragm. Please keep him and his wife Mary in your prayers.

2. Shane Ruiz - Freshman at Freed Hardeman University, Henderson, TN died in a tragic drowning while on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic for Spring Break. The body was not recovered as of the time the FHU Press Release was given. Please keep the entire Ruiz family in your thoughts and prayers as they have to deal with this tragic loss of Shane.

Next, have you ever thought about the Wonderful, Powerful, Majestic, Forgiving, Understanding and Remarkable God that we serve?

As I sit here, I wonder how many people that have been affected by tragedies and circumstances beyond their control and still do not believe that there is a God who loves and cares for us and only wants the best for His children. Over the past few weeks not only in our area but around the country, there have been tornadoes, flooding, lives lost due to accidents, cancer, or other reasons and who knows if someone ever cared enough about them to tell them of the Awesome God that we have. We can go to Him for anything and everything.

I teach the children's class at church and since it is a very small congregation, mine are the only ones in there, but occasionally we will have a visitor. This past Sunday, my lesson was entitled "Are you a Pest?" I looked at the kids and they looked at me and then looked at each other, yes Craig can be a pest sometimes to Courtney and vice versa, but the lesson didn't have anything to do with being a pest to one another, it talked about being a "Prayer Pest". I had an A-HA moment.

I have not been a prayer pest like I should be. When we pray prayers to our God we often forget about the important things and only pray out of habit or memorization. We don't put the effort into our prayers that we should. We don't praise Him for giving us the beautiful lives that He has given us, we don't praise him for giving us another day to live on this earth and try to show others the way to Him and we don't thank Him for being so Awesome. I guess what I am trying to say is that when I wake up to see another day, I should immediately kneel in prayer for giving me another day with my husband and children and I should thank Him for the roof over my head, the food that I have to eat, the car that I have to drive, and the job that I have to pay for all of these material things that I often take for granted. I don't "want" for a lot of "things". We are very Blessed, however, I am confessing to you all that I need to be held accountable for not being a Prayer Pest. Please help me in this.

Enough of me rambling, I am going to go to bed since it is getting late, however before my head hits the pillow, I will be "pestering" God with prayers of Thanksgiving, Forgiveness, Healing and His will being done.

Until next time,

In Him,
Kelly and Family

6 comments:

Kym said...

Hey goof!! Why didn't you come over to the easter egg hunt today?!? You were 20 foot away...you didn't even have to get into your car!!!

Kelly said...

Hey Goof,

I wasn't here, or was I? I might have been here, but I was probably passed out. I always take a nap on Sunday afternoon. I am sure that it was quite eggciting. Sorry I missed it. Hope you had a great time.

Kelly

Kym said...

Yes...you were there! Joey, Claudia, and Miss Faye told me so...loser!!

Kym said...

oooh, I said 20 foot...I meant 20 feet...I hate typos

Kelly said...

When did you see them? Did they come over?

Faithful Froggers said...

Kelly,

I really enjoyed this post! We all get busy with life that we forget to be a "prayer pest." :) Please know that I am praying for your friends.

Hope you had a great Easter week!
Love & FROG,
Heather