Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust...........

2/26/2008

Another one bites the dust
Final: No. 18 VU 72 No. 1 UT 69

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The Tennessee Volunteers found out being No. 1 can be tougher than beating No. 1. Shan Foster scored 32 points and No. 18 Vanderbilt knocked off Tennessee 72-69 on Tuesday night -- a day after the Vols moved into the top spot in the rankings for the first time in school history.

WE WON, WE WON.........
But was there truly any doubt???? I knew that my Commodores would pull through. For those who have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, the Vanderbilt Commodores BEAT the Tennessee Voluntears tonight. I am so proud of them, I feel like a new mom. This is how it all played out......Memphis(1 in the country) and Tennessee(2 in the country) played on Saturday night. Tennessee won, so that made them #1 in the country. Then they came into our playing field and lost against Vanderbilt (14 in the country) because they were on a huge high from just beating the #1 team in Basketball. So Sorry for the VOLS, but GO VANDY. I would have loved to be at Memorial Gym this evening, but the weather is getting bad and I am glad that I got to watch it in the warmth of my living room without the drive from downtown. I called Jenna, one of my co-workers who is a HUGE UT fan after the game, just to see if she watched it, and to BOAST just a little, and she called me some not so nice names. I love her humor. Thats all for now, just wanted everyone to know that WE LOVE VU. Maybe my dreams of Courtney getting a scholarship there to play on the Lady Dores will eventually come true.

Here is a picture of Shan Foster for you all......

And another one of the boys playing.....


Until next time,

In Him,

Kelly and Family

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Who would ever have THUNK that VU would be on top. I know Joey and you have been supporters for a long time, just goes to show you to never give up, something good will happen eventually.

Congrats!

Love Mom

Kym said...

ooooh nooooo!!! I don't think my husband will let me be friends with you anymore!!!!