Friday, February 29, 2008

Leaping Lizards it's FFF again......

Ok the "theme" this week was "Leaping for Joy", however I am not going to search all night for a picture of one of the kids jumping up and down, so I figured I would just post this picture of Craig acting silly as usual. He was actually "leaping for joy" when he got this balloon hat(so to speak). We went to Chick-Fil-A one Saturday afternoon and there was a balloon artist there and Craig asked the man if he could make an airplane. The man responds with "how about an airplane flying around the world?" So that is what Craig got.............

An Airplane flying around the World

The blue part is the world, the yellow part is the airplane, the clear or white part is the smoke coming out of the airplane and the black part is the actual hat. I didn't realize what talent it took to make one of these. He was really good. Hope you enjoy this silly face as much as I do.

On a more somber note, my dad called me tonight to give me an update on my cousin Gina, who I wrote about a few posts back to tell me that the doctors didn't think that she was going to make it. I called my grandmother and she couldn't tell me very many details, only that my aunt Terry called her and left a message saying that Gina wasn't going to make it through the night. This is truly a sad post for me.

Anyone in our family could and would tell you that when Gina was in a room, the floor was hers. It didn't matter what you were talking about, what pictures you happened to be sharing, at that moment, it was all about HER. She could truly light up a room whenever she walked in. Being Downs Syndrome did not stop her one time. She is truly a unique individual and if she wants something bad enough, she will continue to fight until she gets it. I can't count the number of boyfriends that she had, and if one of us girls had a boyfriend or were married, she was bound and determined to "steal" him away from us. She graduated from High School, she had a job at McDonalds, she lived on her own(next door to my aunt) and she has always been determined enough to do whatever she set out to do even if it was to spite my aunt and uncle. I can only hope and pray that she is not suffering and if she begins to that God, being the loving and merciful God that He is will go ahead and take her. Yes we will miss her fun loving spirit, however she need not suffer. Our goal should be that we will one day be reunited with her.

I am going to look for a picture of her to post so that if you are praying for her and my aunt Terry that you can at least put a face with a name. We would like to ask for prayers for her and our entire family during this period.

Gina and her family taken around 1993 at a Watson Family Reunion

I will leave you on a lighter note, Courtney was in a talent show tonight at school and she was fantabulous. She did GREAT. No, I am not just saying that just because she is my daughter, she really was good. I will post the video of that soon, however my stupid camera uses batteries faster than I don't know what.


Courtney and Sarah - Best Friends at the Chili Supper and Talent Show

I better be getting to bed since this post has only taken me about 2 hours to write and I have to work tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys reading my blog and please leave a message to tell me you have been here.

Until next time,

In Him,
Kelly and Family

2 comments:

Kym said...

Hey, I'm remembering your family in my prayers...I'm so sorry that you all are going through that. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow night after church somewhere (I don't know where they're going since they aren't doing the Greasy anymore...)

Sarah said...

Pretty talented balloon artist! And my prayers are with Gina and all those who love her.