Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentines Day....

Is just around the corner. We were sitting down for dinner this evening and were talking about what everyone wanted for the big day and my sweet, wonderful husband pipes up and tells me that he won me something for Valentines Day....OH REALLY???? For those of you who know Joey, he is the private type and doesn't do the whole PDA (public display of affection) thing, so for him to say that he "won" me something was quite a shock. I thought about what it could be for only a few minutes. We don't play the lottery and I wasn't sure, but I didn't think that he would try to win something off of the TV or Radio, so I really was at a loss. I told him that I wanted it "now" and he told me that it wasn't Valentines Day yet so I couldn't have it, then he got up, went to his desk, retrieved the "winnings" and the entire time, the kids are telling me, "close your eyes, Mom, don't peek, here it comes". I finally am given permission to open my eyes and Joey hands me a brochure. What?????? I start reading and the brochure is for a Couples Retreat at Fall Creek Falls State Park. I could not believe my eyes. I have always wanted to go on a Couples Retreat, but for it to become a reality, I never dreamed. The only down side to this whole "week-end get-a-way" is that it doesn't happen until NOVEMBER. That seems like forever away, but I know the old saying, "time flies when your having fun".

OK - Let me update you since the first of February. Work has been CRAZY. Last week was truly a nightmare. We were busy the entire week, which I guess could be a good thing since that means "JOB SECURITY" for me, however, most days I didn't get to take lunch until about 2:30. This makes for a really, really long day.

Please continue to pray for Brandi, Neal, Tyler and Ella as they are still dealing with the loss of their sweet Maddie. She has updated her blog for everyone to go and look at. What a strong, God Fearing and inspirational family they truly are.

Friday night was unbelievable. I had heard that the Gaither's were coming to Nashville earlier last week, however, I didn't know if I would be able to get tickets. I called one of my good friends, Tonya, who is always in the know about good Concerts to see if she knew how I could get my hands on a couple of tickets. She told me who I could call and Friday morning I had my hot little hands on 3 tickets and a parking pass to boot. YEAH. I was so excited. I called her back, we made arrangements for me to pick up her kiddies and carry them downtown for us to meet and we could drive one car to the concert since I had the parking pass. We got to the parking garage about 6:30 and the concert started at 7. We were going to walk around downtown and find something to eat, however we didn't want to be late to the concert so we ended up eating at the Arena. We could have eaten at Ruth Chris Steakhouse for the amount of money it costs to eat at a venue like this. Wow, for 2 hot dogs, 3 nachos, and 4 drinks, I think that we ended up paying just over $40.00. Whod a thunk???? No wonder my parents always made us eat before we went to the ball game or to a concert or the circus. Oh Well. We had such a good time once the concert started. They sang and played for 3 full hours and then had the intermission. After the intermission they came back and sang and played for about another hour and a 1/2. It was the best concert that I have been to in a very long time.

Such is life, you have the highs (Friday Night) and the lows (Monday Morning). I went back to work Monday, was so tired from the weekend, I don't know how I made it through the entire day without falling asleep at my desk. I guess that goes back to the whole JOB SECURITY thing, good thing we were busy.

The rest of the week is going to be full of events as well. Craig is getting ready to go to his first weekend away at camp (without mom and dad) and Court has a big Social Studies - Science Project due on Tuesday. We will be working on that for most of the weekend. Glad that Monday is a Holiday and that all the Federal employees will be off.

Hope to update again soon. Keep yourselves well with all of the cold and flu season going around.

In Him,

Kelly and Family

0 comments: