Monday, February 25, 2008

Look what I did.......

Monday nights are always Joey's Guy's Night where they go play Basketball at the Church Building. He left me in charge of the newest project......Hanging Blinds. Who Me? Are you thinking that I just got home from work and you want me to hang mini blinds? Ok, Ok I guess since you have been doing all kinds of things around the house the last couple of days....weeks, that I can hang some simple mini blinds. It really wasnt as hard as I thought it was going to be, however we really need to invest in a cordless screwdriver. I attempted using the drill, however that thing is quite heavy when you are trying to reach over your head to hang the brackets. Here are the pictures of my new mini blinds that I hung all by myself.


I know that this may be trivial to most of you, but I am quite proud of my handiwork. I actually enjoy doing things like this because it lets me take out my frustrations on things instead of people.

It is Monday again - Today was a typical Monday. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. Like I said in an earlier blog, I like to call days like today, JOB SECURITY. Today was just not my day. I had some serious problems and I never could seem to get things taken care of. I have so much to do and so little time. Customers make my job so hard some days, and yet other days GREAT. I do truly love my job and the people I work with make it worth going to work on a daily basis. We have such a great team, finally, that I know something is going to happen and we are going to bring someone new into the mix. This is never a good thing.

I talked to mom today to get an update on Gina, and she had not talked to my grandmother yet so, she will be calling me back soon and I will update when that happens. Please continue to pray that Gina and my aunt Terry are able to go home from the hospital soon and that she will be completely healed from her pneumonia. Thank you for doing this.

I hope that you all have a good rest of the week.

Until next time.

In Him,

Kelly and Family

2 comments:

Killjoy said...

You should come live with me for a week. When your husband leaves for months at a time, sometimes even a year, you really learn some handiwork. Since I've been married I've rewired the telephone box outside in order to avoid a $100 service charge, I've installed new faucets in the bathroom, learned to connect surround sound, install a home computer network including wireless, install satellite radio in the car, build a windowseat, the list goes on. I do so much around the house that Brian is no longer officially responsible for anything. Oh, I also do the laundry, cooking, childcare, banking, investing, grocery shopping, photography, decorating, classroom mom, volunteer for my husband's unit at work, etc. You would think I didn't have any frustrations! Ha. I think I save them FOR people ;)

Killjoy said...

I wasn't trying to make you feel insignificant, I was just saying that you gotta start somewhere! You're off to a good start, hanging mini-blinds can definitely be a pain. :)